Wednesday, March 7, 2012



CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT


New York City


"It's too late."

"What do you mean?"

"It's happening across the world already...Look..."

Philip and Moses walk across the street to the store window to view the breaking news bulletin on the televisions for sale. "...My fellow Americans..."The president was addressing the public as they had talked about. Philip teleported quickly in and out, now dressed as DarkFlood. He told Moses, "I have to go. Keep the neighborhood safe."

"From what?"

"People like you."

DarkFlood jumped away to the top of the Empire State Building and listened to the city. He could not afford to go to the President's aid, right now...New York needed him. DarkFlood wasn't powerful enough to affect the world yet. But with all his powers and mysterious abilities combined he could save this city.

DarkFlood snapped back to Moses on the street and reached out for his hand, "Its too late for the rest of the world but not for us. Now you have to join me and fight..." The instant Moses touched Philip's hand they teleported away. DarkFlood and Moses Stonethrower appeared in Lazarus' apartment.

"It's you..." Lazarus exclaimed, "You saved my boy...twice..."

"And now I need your help..."

"But my boy..."

"He will be safe where I take him."

"And where is that?"

"The Himalayas with Doc Randolph, the only place on Earth those not affected with be safe, now say good-bye..."

"My son....my dear boy," Lazarus crouched down next to him. As he went on and they cried in each others arms, sirens rang from outside along with sporadic gunshots.

Moses grabbed DarkFlood's shoulder and asked him, "What is so important that we need to take a father away from his son?"

"He can raise the dead."

No comments: