Thursday, March 1, 2012



CHAPTER THIRTY SIX



Philip had given up the apartment after Dr. Randolph was dropped in China. He really didn't need a place to stay. He did not sleep. He barely ate. Philip was barely alive, and yet he never felt better. He knew deep down, without this...thing...inside of him, his body would be rotten through and through, his tumors would overcome and his blindness might even come back. Philip was nothing without the Divine Catalyst. That is why he knew he had to do this.

"Mr. President..." DarkFlood addressed the commander and chief in the Oval Office after his introduction.

"What are you?"

"I'm just a man," Philip admitted, "A man who possesses tremendous power." He walked over to the window that he was cloaking himself, along with cameras and mics he was looping all the while. "And soon I will not be alone."

"And this power...will affect all of humanity?"

"All but few, like you..."

"You've seen this future already?"

DarkFlood looked back from the window, "I watch the world burn every night while I sleep. If we don't do something now...I don't know..."

"You're saying that you are just a man, and yet you appear before me out of thin air, infiltrating one of the most secure locations in the country..." the President continued, "Then you tell me its the end of the world, and ask me to trust 'just a man's' dreams..."

"Yes, Mr. President."

"I suppose this is the best offer I'm going to get."

"I have more proof... if you really need to see it."

"Where is it?"

"China."

"So much for that."

"Not necessarily...I was in New York ten minutes ago."

"For now just tell me what you need from this office."

"I would like to make an announcement with you to the world leaders and go public as soon as possible. People deserve to know what's coming..."

"And if it never comes..."

Philip had nothing to say. He had never even considered it. "The day somebody else becomes like me...then will you be ready?"

"Yes...what is your name anyway?"

"DarkFlood."

"And how do you know what day will be the first?"

Philip walked away from the window and the desk, in between the two royal blue couches, and right before he teleported away he said one more thing, "Not the day but the person. Mr. President we are headed for dark times and I beg of you till then...Keep it between us for now, for the sake of the world and your own safety. And enjoy the calm before the storm."

"Thank you. You must trust that I appreciate the respect you have given me, given your clear advantage in the days to come, you could have easily taken my chair by force. You are a true American hero, DarkFlood. But what about that military scientist you told me betrayed you and killed your wife?"

"He will find me, and I will take care of him myself."

"As you wish."

"Till next time, commander."

DarkFlood teleported away and landed back in Moses Stonethrower's apartment in New York. Moses was sitting down drinking coffee in the kitchen, it looked like he was waiting for Philip to come back. There were several cigarette buds in the ashtray. He had been waiting for some time.

"So when will it happen?"

"Any moment now..."

No comments: